Saturday, February 10, 2007

Cross-Coding

Hey people,

I'm going forward with my proposal. We already chose Lisp as our implementation language. That CANNOT be changed. So while we're here we may as well make the most of it. So I suggest that we switch tasks. We look at each other's code and critique them. The thing is that code review takes a long time and in school it's hard to justify the time spent. So after the first assignment Ian has went through certain bugs for the scanner and some other areas. What we're going to be doing is fix each other's bugs. The code reviewer is the creator and the reviewee is the person making the changes. So you must justify everything you changed to the previous person.

This makes sense to me and I hope everyone agrees. I think it's a great chance for us to get a better grasp of Lisp.

Anyways, all the best.

Ian's going to be looking at Dimitri's code.
Dimitri's going to be looking at my scanner.
I will be looking at the test suite and whatever else since Ian didn't produce any code ;)

Robert.

No comments: